Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

Can I send you a picture of a 3 legged chair a pocket seat

Customer Question

can I send you a picture of a 3 legged chair a pocket seat and carved design on the top of the back and in the front of the pocket seat and it has turned wooden spokes for the back and turned round arms. It is Oak with Dowell pinned joints on the top of the back board ,dont know what the other joints are. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything like it. I just want someone to look at it and tell me if they have any idea about
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hi, This is a 19th century, circa 1880's, Victorian interpretation of a 16th century Italian Savonarola chair. On today's market, this could sell for a high of $200 - $300. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $400. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
have you ever seen one before because I have looked everywhere and cant find one identical to it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I have seen a few examples personally, yes, however this is not a common form seen today. They are referred to as Fantasy pieces. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer about your fantasy chair and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora