rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two silver (I think) candlesticks. I was told they

Customer Question

I have two silver (I think) candlesticks. I was told they were Israeli filigree. They are marked with what looks like two Hebrew "letter M" one has what looks like a 31 or 81 inside it and the other looks like an arrow pointing upward or an A over 1. Can you tell me how the maker is, please
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry. Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't the marks are to small
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They're not on the bottom they are on the top rim of the candle stick
These are Israeli Shabbat Judaica silver filigree candlesticks in the Yemenite style of filigree. They must have the number 925 in order to be sterling. Generally the A1 symbol indicates silver plated, A1 representing the quality of silver plate used. If these are sterling, they are worth $200 for the pair. If they are silver plated, they are worth $75.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Hello,I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item. Please do let me know.I do need for you to click the five stars at the top of the page and hit submit.