Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I bought a rocking chair from a garage sale in California

Customer Question

I bought a rocking chair from a garage sale in California during the 60's. It looked old then. Unfortunatly, with it being during the sixties and me being at the "peak" of my artistic stage, I took the chair apart and ruined any valve it may have had. But I am still interested in when it was made and what style it is. I have finally removed the several coats of paint that were changed over the years and am refinishing it back to the orginal look (minus the horsehair and coil springs). The chair is going to my eldest granddaughter in time for the birth of her twins. Can you help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.
HelloI will be happy to help you with this. I am unable to do a live phone conversation but, I can help you with this.Glenda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great. What information do you need?
Can you send pictures of the chair?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try. My phone is not co-operating today but let me try again. Give me a few minutes.
Are you working from your phone?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you have an email address where I can send?
Hello Yes it might take awhile for the site to forward to me. Here are a few ways you can use if you want to try one.. . .If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !.Click the link: for instructions on uploading images .http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert . Or you may use this method:.Go to www.imgur.com.click on Computer.Select the picture file from the box that pops up..Hit open..Click on Start Upload.And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here..Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me. .Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques"..In the body of the message put , your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with. . Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me..Glenda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your time but I am going to cancel this conversation. I am sight impaired and this has become too difficult. Thank you again.
You are welcome. If you like you can just email the pictures that will be fine then I can give you a value for this. I will post an answer as soon as I get the pictures. Just use the email address In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me. .Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques"..In the body of the message put , your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with. .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cancel my request and do not email me again.
HelloJust to let you know, I do not email any customers. I am not an employee of the justanswer site, I am an independent Appraiser that comes to the just answer site to answer questions that customers post to the site. If you are getting emails those are not coming from me, I have no personal information on any customers. If you want them to stop emailing you you will need to contact the site. . You can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####Thank youGlenda