Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I need information on China I inherited from my grandmother

Customer Question

I need information on China I inherited from my grandmother Nasco Japan Regal . It has gold trim.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, How many pieces are in your set and at your convenience, please send an image of the mark on the underside. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a place setting for 8 teacups saucers salt pepper shakers and creamer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
serving dishes
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, How many pieces are in each place setting? or what is the approximate number of pieces in total in this set? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
4 in each setting. I just can't find any info on this pattern.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information. So about 45 pieces in your china set would be an approximate total number? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just want to know how old it is and where it is from?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience. Your china set was made in Japan in the late 1950's. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why is it so hard for me to find any information online about it? What is the company and pattern name? Also are they worth anything
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, The company maker name is Nasco. Although the internet has a vast amount of information, it is not yet a repository for all information. Not finding a pattern match is not uncommon. Many of their patterns were not named and they have been assigned number codes by companies who handle china replacements. You can send images of this in to replacements.com to ask for a pattern name or if they have assigned on to this. It is free to do so, and here is a link for you to that part of their site: http://www.replacements.com/identify.htm Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are they worth anything?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, In general, fine dining china sets are flat on the market currently and that is because less people entertain at home using vintage or antique china at every meal. On today's market, sets from Japan from this era with approximately 45 pieces sell for an average high of $100. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora