Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

A James dixon and sons teapot on stand with trumpet and

Customer Question

A James dixon and sons teapot on stand with trumpet and scroll pictoral marking, EPBM and 8796 E
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: That's was a gift so I'm not sure. It's on one of those stands where you can tilt it to pour hot water into a bone china teapot?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. Please send two photos - One of the pot and stand - Another of the marks. You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thanks so much! Here are the pictures. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Kind regards,
Thank you for the information and information.Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.I should be back within 40 minutes.I thank you in advance for your patience.Kind regards,Doris
Your tea or hot water kettle is by the British firm of James Dixon & Sons. The marks date it 1879-1935 but the bullet style teapot is a George I early George II style (1715-1735). The kettle is made of ElectroPlated Britannia Metal (EPBM) which is a layer pure silver deposited by electrolysis over a base alloy made of tin, antimony and copper. My research indicates your set was made ca1900 - 1920 and would have a retail antiques store value of $650 assuming no plating is missing. The number 8796E is the pattern number. Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
Hi there!I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?Let me know,Kind regards,Doris