Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

There. I recently inherited this clock from my dear old dad.

Customer Question

Hi there. I recently inherited this clock from my dear old dad. I remember it from the entry hall to my Pop's house, and was always told it was to be left to me by my Nan. (It is currently in the hands of a disgruntled distant relative. How? Why? I do not know, but that's another story).
I'm just interested in finding out more about it's history, and of course it's actual value for insurance purposes, once it is returned to me.
If you could assist that would be just grand.
Kind Regards,
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.
HelloThe Clock is out of Badsworth England, it was produced by T J Sharp. Do you know what kind of wood the clock is?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is made of English oak I'm sure...I understand that it was made well before there a timeframe relating to T J Sharp clock works trading existence?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
lol, try T J Sharp, 'Budsworth'
HelloWhy do you say Budsworth? This was your question, or part of it. I'm working from an old photograph I found whilst sorting my father's affairs (the rest is a long story of the type I'm sure you're familiar with…bickering, greedy relatives…lol!) The photograph has "T J Sharp, Badsworth" written on the back, and I believe it was brought out to Australia from England between WWI and WWII by my great grandfather and grandmother when they returned to the old country to visit family. Badsworth is a village and civil parish in the City of Wakefield metropolitan borough in West Yorkshire, England And I found this : Great Budworth is a civil parish and village, approximately four miles north of Northwich, England, within the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire So I am not sure which one you mean. Glenda
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it's an 'olde English' vs new pronunciation thing. But I have to go now...and I'm ghi King this g's going to get expensive, and you're not telling me anything I couldn't find on the 5 hrs...thx