Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a black bakerlit doll who has split down her back.

Customer Question

I have a black bakerlit doll who has split down her back. Where and is it possible to get her mended and roughly how much would it cost.
She has real negroid features. because of her back her arms and legs have come loose.
Whilst I'm here how much would she be worth altho' I have no intention of selling her.
Jan Waterman
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello JanWe are an online appraisal site, we cannot tell you how much it would cost to have the doll mended or who can do that in your area. There are persons who repair vintage dolls, they are usually listed in the yellow pages of a phone book, or you can call the local antique shops they always know who the local person is that repairs dolls. If you are looking for a value for the doll I can help with that if you can send images of it. What size, if there are any markings on the doll. Hello, my name is ***** ***** very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value! .Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,.If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !.Click the link: for instructions on uploading images . . Or you may use this method:.Go to on Computer.Select the picture file from the box that pops up..Hit open..Click on Start Upload.And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this and paste it here..Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me. .Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques"..In the body of the message put , your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with. . Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me..Glenda