Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

These paintings were done by my husbands great grandmother.

Customer Question

These paintings were done by my husbands great grandmother. Can you tell me if they have any value? They are hand painted on velvet. His mother was born in 1918 so all we know is that they are very old.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 6 months ago.
Hi Thank you for the request. What are the measurements of these paintings?
1412 is upside down (just in case you didn't know) Are they signed on the back or anywhere? These are done by an artist that was very good. The cranes and flowers done on black velvet framed and well taken care of do have value. Once I have measurements I can give you values. These were done in the 1950-60s sometime during this era velvet paintings were in high demand.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My mother in law had them framed so I don't know what's on the back. They are at my sister in laws. I'll get the sizes and log in tomorrow. Thanks!
ok thank you sorry about that but measurements help in accurate values. I will watch for this tomorrow. Please post the measurements when you get a chance or a rough estimate and I will finish my evaluation on these for you. Thank you and have a great weekend.
Hi I just wanted to check back and see if you had a chance to get measurements on the paintings. No rush I will check again later. Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday ahead.