rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Royal Porcelain pitcher produced at Maddock's

Customer Question

I have a Royal Porcelain pitcher produced at Maddock's Lamberton Works. It has a handle shaped like none other that I have seen. I have not been able to identify the flower on the outside. On the bottom is what looks like a signature: 7.DNiLE, or something like that. This pitcher was given to us by a friend. Any idea what I might have?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I don't want to switch to a live phone call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
This is a pitcher made by the Maddock Potteries of Trenton, New Jersey. This particular mark dates the piece to circa 1910. It has a transfer design of wild roses (not hand painted) and sponged gold paint highlights. They did not have pattern names for their china, but did use numbers on some pieces. They mostly made chamber sets and platters, this piece being a water pitcher. It would have a current value of $20.00 as this type of pottery does not have a large collectible antique following. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
I see that you asked about the rating system. There is a series of stars at the top of your screen. You click the stars and hit submit to rate and close the question.
Hello,I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item. Please do let me know.