Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have, what I think is an antique dressmakers mirror. This

Customer Question

I have, what I think is an antique dressmakers mirror. This mirror was an original oiece of furniture from a local school district which opened in the 1930's. The mirror is free standing, made of oak (very heavy) with 2 fold out "wings" (attached with cast iron pins) that swivel or adjust to a large degree of opening. The base of the mirror (middle section) stands approximately 6 feet tall. This mirror has an alteration bench 12" high by 24x24" wide which is seperate from the mirror. The original manufacture sticker is on the alteration bench. It was made by E H Sheldon & Company, Muskegon, Michigan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am trying to send you pictures but i cannot get them to send. Keep getting advertisements
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi~ There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am trying to send photos.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience. This is an early 20th century dressmaker or tailor's mirror and platform that was manufactured and sold by E.L. Sheldon & Company. They specialized in making industrial style furniture for schools and laboratories. Yours would have been part of a domestic science program. On today's market, this can sell for $1200 - $2000. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.