Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have 2 pic of ernest boye uden foil pic. How can I tell if

Customer Question

I have 2 pic of ernest boye uden foil pic. How can I tell if there authenic. They r signed. How much would they be worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take pic Sat. If that changes I will let u know. Thank u very much. Jan
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im taking pic either tonight or tomorrow. Thank u, Jan
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Anytime is fine - no rush! ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,
Both frames are the same size and shape. They measure 19" x 15" outside to outside, and 15 1/2" x 11 1/2" inside to inside. Please let me know if you need more information.
Jan
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the dimensions. There are no images showing here on my end though. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u recieve the photos?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have not yet received any images. How did you transmit them? ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, On today's market, vintage Ernest Uden iridescent foil pictures sell for an average of $25 each. These were generally not copied or forged, so it is more than likely that yours are indeed authentic. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pic is signed. Would that make a diffrence? My friend is going to come over Friday to resend them. Im really sorry for the inconvenience. Sincerly, Jan
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The estimate of sale value does include the fact that the foil picture is signed, as were the sales comparables. ~Nora