Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a table from Egypt that is 23/12 inches round. A Minister

Customer Question

I have a table from Egypt that is 23/12 inches round. A Minister gave it to me he was in Egypt in 1930/40 . He never told me if he got it new then or if was older. The table looks like a burial it has 8 men holding up a box, they are what looks like fanes being held up and a Eagle at the top of brass and silver. Also has writing and a lot of square blocks at the bottom of red,white,green 4 inches of them hand done in little squares. Then comes a black ring of about 2 1/2 inches then a ring of what looks like flowers. Then another ring of small inlaid blocks around the edge. Each piece feels all hand laid. Table in very good condition except a few small blocks fell out and someone colored then to match. The back need to be all done over in black laqured paint. It comes with a stand of 16 inches high and six legs that open up to hold the table that also has inlaid rings of mother of pearl and not sure what other material is. Bottom looks like it has wooden pegs hammered into it. The table is all inlaid with pieces of, silver, brass, mother of pearl all cut out you can feel them with your finger tips. Table is really beautiful and I can send pictures if needed. The amount of hours put into this table to put each piece in I could not even guess. Have never found another table to compare this one so can not even guess what it is worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what email address do I send the pictures too
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi~ There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pictures already sent to you, waiting for reply.
Florence Herrera
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi Florence, There was an email sent to me from admin regarding your painting, however, there were no images attached. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will send again to just answer. They did respond that they received what I sent. They had to be changed to 5mg
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for letting me know! ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have sent the pictures again to Support and it has been send again. My daughter sent one set and I have now sent two. Told them to send the pictures to you. Please let me know if you get the pictures as I will ask for a refund. I can pull the pictures sent on my email and did forward them again
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** let you know if the new set of images arrive to me. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I received your images and thank you for your patience. Your inlaid Egyptian Revival table with inlaid folding stand dates to the early 20th century. On today's market, it can sell for up to $2000. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you