Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 20x24 Ottenfeld/ Strombach/Horvath. The painting is

Customer Question

I have a 20x24 Ottenfeld/ Strombach/Horvath. The painting is of a Seascape wondering the value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Its enclosed in a frame, canvas onthe back is written Brown 126. Two seagulls flying over body of water with a birch tree sticking out of water. My husband's cousin aged 91 yrs gave this to us and we have other paintings. He died 2014. Thats all I know''
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Painting in good condition there's one small spot in upper lt corner. White as if paint scraped
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 3 months ago.