Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a collection of royal dolton Toby mugs where can I

Customer Question

I have a collection of royal dolton Toby mugs where can I find out how much they are worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Approximately how many toby mugs do you have in your collection and where are you located? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have about 33 mugs
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In New Jersey
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In general, I only assess one item per question here. At your convenience, please choose one and send photos of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have to wait for my granddaughter to get home in order for us to send you pictures. Not sure how to do it how do we get back to you?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, You can sign back in at any time and your open question will be available to you. Photos can be sent at your convenience, there is not a time limit here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we need an email address so we can send pictures
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please provide me with an e mail address so i'm sure you recieve the photos
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi~ There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nora, I have sent the photos from my daughters e mail.***@******.*** Not from the yahoo e mail. thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for letting me know. I believe images need to arrive to admin from the email you used for signing in to the site. If sent from a different email, they may not arrive to admin. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I received your images and thank you for your patience. The Sairey Gamp 5528 toby mug sells for a high of $30 on today's auction market. These used to sell for $50 - $70 however the market is a bit flat on these currently. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I received the images of the Snake Charmer Toby mug, please note that I really only assess one item per question here. I can make an exception and answer this one on this thread for you and you are welcome to post new question threads for me to answer. You can add "For Nora Only" at the beginning so as to ensure that I will be the person who responds. Currently, the Snake Charmer D6912 Limited Edition Royal Doulton toby mug is selling for highs of $150 - $175. A few years ago, these were selling for nearly $400, however the market is a little soft on these at this time. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I sell the Royal Daulton mugs? I do not have the boxes. Can I sell them to just one place?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, It is okay not to have the boxes. Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. You can also place them on Craigslist.com for no charge nor a commission fee upon sale. Or try a local consignment shop to sell these for you on your behalf for a commission. I do not recommend selling these direct to a dealer, as they will offer you 10% - 30% of the lowest perceived value. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.