Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an autographed picture of John F . Kennedy to somebody

Customer Question

I have an autographed picture of John F . Kennedy to somebody I don't know. It was personalized to him.I believe it is real from what I was told where it came from.A local appraiser wants $600.00 to confirm signature.Would it be worth it and would I get my money back if I sold it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.A local appraiser cannot confirm a signature, it needs to be done by a proper authenticating body. So good for you on turning that down!Can you post a picture of the photo? That will help me value it, and if it's worth it, I can give you advice on a legitimate source to authenticate the signature.Jennfier