rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Trying to identify these vases

Customer Question

trying to identify these vases
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry. Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the mark on the bottom.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
see attached
This is a pair of French Old Paris porcelain vases with neoclassical scenes on a claret ground, made circa 1870. Old Paris porcelain is an antique term also referred to as Vieux Paris represents the ornately decorated porcelain created in and around Paris by more than 30 different factories from 1850 to 1870. They rarely marked the pieces with a logo or maker mark, so this term Old Paris porcelain is used these days to describe the wares. These vases are in excellent condition and have a value of $800 to $1000 for the pair. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Hello,I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item. Please do let me know.