Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

This is a very difficult thing to identify. It is on Rivas

Customer Question

This is a very difficult thing to identify. It is on Rivas stock and "appears" to be a Hal Roach "Our Gang" studio pre film workup. I have never seen anything similar. It is ink and pencil and the image measures 14.5" X 22". The theme is circus. The gang is seated while zebras in the forefront. It just does not seem at all like a professional litho "at all." The entire background is "silver blue" while there are two zebras one entering the piece from the right while the second zebra is exiting left. The stripes are only partially drawn. The zebras stand out because the are bright white with dashed lines lead from the corners to a rectangle between the zebras. It is clear to me, as a collector, that this is a one of a kind work drawing.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I do not understand your message.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 11 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.I'll need to see an overall photo, plus close-ups of any marks, stamps, labels, or important features. Do you need photo upload instructions?Jennifer