Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Tell City dining room leaf extension table, model # *****

Customer Question

Tell City dining room leaf extension table, model # ***** and 6 chairs, # ***** very good/excellent condition
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you. Is this hard rock maple?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I honestly don't know. I think it's maple, but I don't know what hard rock maple is, and Tell City is no longer in business, so I can't look it up by model no. . # ***** andover finish. Formica top. Model listed under table is F8556. Model listed under chairs is 9046. 2 extension leaves, about 11.5 in wide, so length goes from 58 in to 81 in. Height is 30 in. Width of table about 41 in.
I am sorry it took awhile for me to get back to you, my internet went down yesterday afternoon and just came back up. Can you possibly send a picture of this. Hello, my name is ***** ***** very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value! .Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,.If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !.Click the link: for instructions on uploading images .http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert . Or you may use this method:.Go to www.imgur.com.click on Computer.Select the picture file from the box that pops up..Hit open..Click on Start Upload.And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here..Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me. .Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques"..In the body of the message put , your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with. . Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me..Glenda
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Attached are some photos of the table and chairs. One photo has one of the extension leaves on top of the table, that can be inserted in the middle to lengthen the table.
Hello .This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!.The Tell City Hard Rock Maple Table with 6 chairs, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally..Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you..Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site. .As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. After being verified we are allowed to come to the site to answer customer's questions . The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. Clicking one of the stars or smiley faces is very much appreciated. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know. . It was a pleasure working for you, :) ( smiles ) .Glenda
Hello,Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. .Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?.Thank you so much!Glenda
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. .Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. Without a rating ( one of the top three ) on questions we answer , the appraisers do not get compensated for their time. .Thank you so much!Glenda
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's an encouraging answer, but I've had the product listed on Craigslist for about a month now at $600 and not a single enquiry. Another evaluator gave me a considerably lower estimate--Something like $300 tops, insurance value about $450. I don't know what to believe, to be honest, but the bot***** *****ne is I can't seem to move it. And I have tried local antiques and furniture stores that sell on commission. No bites.
HelloI am sorry you are not able to sell this, each area's market is different depending on the economies. But Tell City is top of the Line, they made the best quality furniture around. The Book value for this dining room set is what I quoted. I have seen sets sell for that much money with only 4 chairs. you have 6. Listing on Craigslist you may need to list in more then just your area, you may need to list in other cities close to you. You also can list on Ebay for pick up only, you also list in more cities there. You can do the same listing on Amazon Market Place. It may take more then 30days. I takes the right person who is looking to buy. Sometimes listing items low makes a buyer think something is wrong with it. But be sure to list it as Tell City Hard Rock Maple if you did not already do that...Like I said the value I quoted is what the set is worth. I hope I have answered your question and this warrants a good rating from you, the only we are paid for answering questions for customers is if they give us a good rating. Then we are compensated by the site. Try listing the other places, I think this set will sell. Glenda
Hello,Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. Without a rating ( one of the top three ) on questions we answer , the appraisers do not get compensated for their time. .Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?.Thank you so much!Glenda