Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Higlenda. can i send you a few photots ?

Customer Question

higlenda. can i send you a few photots ?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my mom bought this painting ( 18x22 )in about 1965 from the painter in the french market place called Montmatre.
I have no idea what she paid for it. we can't seem to find anything about the artist. we lived in france for 4 years ( air force )
this was one of the goodies she brought back to the states. It is still in the original frame
thank you for your time
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.
Good MorningThe problem with finding information on artist is that most of them never became famous enough to be listed anywhere. There are thousands of artist who sell their work locally but never on a national level in order to become famous. I will be glad to look in the art data bases we hace access to to see if the artist is listed. Can you tell me the artist name on my end it is a bit blurry and I cannot make it out. Glenda