Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I inherited what appears to be a drawing of English setters

Customer Question

I inherited what appears to be a drawing of English setters and I would assume it was done in charcoal. It is signed but I can not see the entire name, the first name is ***** ***** the last name starts with Tom (I cant read the rest due to the framing) and the year on it I believe is 1905. Any idea how I could find out if this is worth anything.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello MarkWithout having the name of the artist is impossible to know if that artist became famous or not. We see these sketch drawings a lot, they usually are done by young artist who are taking classes. Art was a large part of young women's teachings in the early 20thC. I am sure that is what this is. It can be valued for what is, which is a very nice, well executed drawing, if you like? I would need to know what size this is. Glenda