LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I have a chinese divider seems really old has artist signutre

Customer Question

i have a chinese divider seems really old has artist signutre and seal but i cant tell what its worth or from what year its from
on the back it has a serial number
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.
Hello My name is***** am certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of the divider front back and clear close ups of any writing or markings. This will help in my evaluation and accurate value.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi here are the pics
Hello and thank you for the photos. Can you tell me the measurements of this divider? Some were desk dividers and others were room screens. I can not seem to tell the measurement from the photos. It looks to be on the floor I would say this is a room divider? This will help in giving an accurate value. I will be up so I will be bale to complete this once i get the measuremnts or if you can tell me roughly how tall and wide it is would hep also.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its 36 in tall and 72 long
Thank you This is a screen that was done during the mid 1800s and it is silk on wood and brass corner hardware to secure the panels. The painting is starting to show ware however that is normal for the age. The calligraphy and seal I can not make out fro m photos. The value of this screen is(###) ###-####00 and this is room divider. At 36" tall it would have divided the room among beds and seating at tables. "Screens" are 52" and higher. Thank you for shairng this very nice piece. If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question