rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have this picture I received from my mother the other day

Customer Question

I have this picture I received from my mother the other day and was wondering if you know anything about this type of art. It came from England forty-eight years ago from a castle in Westershire England, that's about all I know could you tell me anything about it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
This is a called a Kalaga and is a Burmese/Thailand sequined and embroidered ethnic wall hanging. The process starts with cotton fabric design cutouts that are then decorated with handmade sequins and couched colored threads. These pieces are then attached to the background fabric and stuffed with cotton. Next the background is filled in with more sequins and swirled threads. Hand made glass beads are attached by more threads.This Kalaga, framed, was made circa 1940 and has a value of $75 US dollars. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.