Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a doll that my father brought home to me back in the

Customer Question

I have a doll that my father brought home to me back in the 50's. I always believed it was from Germany but now realize it could have been Austria etc. The wrist tag states Original Schmider Trachten. The wrist tag name is ***** ***** the name Schwalm / Hessen is on the front of the wrist tag. Can you tell me anything about this doll? It appears to be a plastic body with a beautiful black/white and hand stitched outfit with a lacy edge, and a tiny little red bauble hat on top - blond hair.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks that you have described. Also look on the back of her neck or shoulder for any more marks.