Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of four Sheboygan Chair Company chairs. They are

Customer Question

I have a set of four Sheboygan Chair Company chairs. They are identified with the company insignia/label and information on the bottom of the chairs; No. 3270, Wis, USA, Finish: Sample. They are in good shape.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the maker label. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, I do not have a phone or camera that can take pics. But - I can see on the internet the exact matching label and the exact chair. I will attach snapsots and if that does not suffice, I will find someone to take actual pictures. The chairs look like they have one coat of paint at this time and appear to have been crafted with very old techniques. They are on the smaller side, but could easily be considered kitchenette chairs. Very plain. Three horizontal slats across adult height backing, (four including top of backing). Moulded seat for comfort. Still solid. If this still is not enough to go by, I will find a way to get pics and send them to you. Will I be able continue working with you if it takes a day or two to get the pictures to send?
The attached lable picture is identical to the ones on my chairs, with the exception that the No. is 3270, and after the word 'Finish', it says the word SAMPLE. One other thing - at the base of the chairs is one piece of wood rounded/shaped into a half circle, connecting all four legs for stability. This piece does not continue around to the front of the chair. There is nothing across the front of the chair underneath the seat. Thanks so much.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
adding this text as it doesn't appear to have sent the above question.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Do they look like any of these chairs in the link: http://images.library.wisc.edu/WI/EFacs/SheboyganLocHist/ShebChair1927/M/0042.jpg ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
unfortunately no. the slats across backing of chair are horizontal (Four including top of chair), and there are no slats across front of chair. Also, as I said, a distinguishing factor could be the rounded piece of wood under seat of chair about halfway down legs, connects to all four legs (for stability), but does not come all the way to the front of the chair. They are very plain, but cute.