Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a metal sculpture since back in the 70's. I have searched

Customer Question

I have a metal sculpture since back in the 70's. I have searched far and wide for anything resembling it along with local historians and art dealers and so far we have come up with nothing. it is a scene with two dogs or wolves a wine vendor and the other is a laborer of some sort. they are in costume with hats etc. The wine vendor has a barrel with a support on it so he can set the load down on it to rest. He also has a device mounted on his chest with his servingthat glasses (four) attached to it.
The customer is sitting on a stump or rock while he is drinking. He has a basket on his back for 'stuff'. The whole thing is done in great detail, the fur the basket, the barrel, right down to the surrounding scene There are no markings of any kind on it everyone has looked very closely for them. I believe it is quite old but no way to verify thateither.
I would appreciate any guidance you can give me as we are stumped as to where to go from here.
Thanks *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are no marks or initials of any kind on it. It will take me a few days to get the pictures to you. I hope that there is a link for me to be able to do it.
Back to the sculpture, it reminds me of a Black Forrest or a Bavarian setting but what do I know about it. Thanks again...Butch
Butch,You have a few options for photos...There is a Add Files feature on your page. Just like adding pics to an email. If that does not work, you can go to imgur.com and download there, then paste the web address back here. You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.