Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I own an original 2 volume map set that accompanied the Official

Customer Question

I own an original 2 volume map set that accompanied the Official Record of the Union and Confederate Armies. My set is in v.good condition, internally.
For many years it had apparently been left on a shelf, without any use.. Goat skin bindings on the spines deteriorated. After I obtained the set I asked a book restorer to restore the spines. The work was done very well. Before doing this work the boards were already failing and were likely to become disconnected from the volumes. One board already had.
The quality of the maps appears to be excellent. There is no internal damage that I can see. I suspect the volumes were never opened, or only rarely. Inside the volumes there are some blank pages, which display the fingerprints of the workers who prepared the volumes. This is confined only to the these pages; there are no ink stains internally, and the colors of the pages are bright.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value! .Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,.If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !.Click the link: for instructions on uploading images . . Or you may use this method:.Go to on Computer.Select the picture file from the box that pops up..Hit open..Click on Start Upload.And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this and paste it here..Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me. .Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques"..In the body of the message put , your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with. . Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me..Glenda