rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Link Taylor BR dresser that my parents bought

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Link Taylor BR dresser that my parents bought in 1950s or 1960s. It is functional, but not ornate in any way - 4 drawers beside 4 drawers and a mirror that doesn't match the dresser. I was thinking about throwing it away. Should I keep it, does it have value? I read your reply to KP from 2 years ago.
Thanks,
Ross
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the dresser and any marks, labels or writing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, I have no pictures. There is a Link Taylor stamp inside one of the drawers, in the form of a coat-of-arms shield. My father was stationed at Seymour-Johnson AFB in North Carolina in the early 1960s, so I imagine that's when he bought the dresser. It is hardwood with a dark finish. It is in good working condition, but has nicks on the edges from years of use. The drawer handles appear to be brass, but are dirty. There is an original mirror, but the finish is different - it is lighter than the dresser and you can clearly see the wood grain (the mirror frame).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's 11pm and no response after an hour and 45 minutes? This sounds like a rip-off to me. I want a full refund of my $22.
Hello,I'd like to explain if I may as I certainly do not want to lose a customer. The experts on the site are all over the country and we just missed each other as it was late here and I had shut down for the evening after asking you to add some photos. I always answer my customers the following morning.Your Link-Taylor dresser has a current value of $40 to $60. Instead of throwing it away, you could list it on varagesale.com, ioffer.com or chairish.com. Varagesale.com would be best so that you would not have to deal with shipping because they are a local site based on your zip code. Do click the stars after you have read this answer.
Hello,I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item. Please do let me know.