rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Antique tapestries hercules price

Customer Question

antique tapestries hercules price
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Looking for the most detailed perspective on this art piece.
This is a later reproduction of a famous linen and silk tapestry of The Labours of Hercules wearing the remains of the Nemean Lion while abducting one of the horses of Diomedes. The original tapestry was made in the Audenarde workshops of Belgium circa 1545-65. The tapestry is displayed in the Louvre in France and is one of four tapestries depicting the labors of Hercules.This particular piece that you have was likely made in the 1970's in France when there were several known reproduction tapestry artisans of high quality pieces. This framed tapestry has a current value of $2,000.00. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Hello,I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item. Please do let me know.