Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a very, very old "burlap" blanket that I would like

Customer Question

I have a very, very old "burlap" blanket that I would like to learn about. Soon after the turn of the century, my great aunt, Ellen Jansson, married the Ecuadorian Consulate to the United States. They returned to Quito, Ecuador where she lived a long life. My mother visited her in the 1950's and she gave this blanket to my mother with instructions that it was quite valuable and was "the story of her husband's family early years". It is very prrimative and quite itchy. There's a lot of decorate stitching on it but I really don't know anything else about it. We will be in Chicago for a few days late in May and early June. Is there any way you can possibly help me with this item?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser I would be happy to help you. Can you please post a photo of the blanket front, back and close ups on any markings or writing on the blanket? Also what are the measurements of the blanket?