AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

Italian porcelain china figure mother daughter/ fountain. Green

Customer Question

Italian porcelain china figure mother daughter/ fountain. Green crown stamp with possibly
BW or EW. Red I 172 stampted.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.Could you also upload a close-up photo of the stamp?Jennifer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
here it is, the crown mark seems to be a dark green. It has wiped away a bit that is why I can not see the brand but does look like BW OR EW??? Believe the piece is early 1900's. Thanks Rosie
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It does not seem like the images sent (3) Please let me know
Only one image sent. Let me see what I can do with it.Jennifer
Crowns are a very popular porcelain mark. However, I just went through all 400 known porcelain marks, and none is a match for the shape and design of this particular crown.I do think it's early 20th century, and Bavarian or German, but by an unknown maker.What is the size?Jennifer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok did you need more pics and the size is 9.5 high x 6 base.
Thanks. I don't think more pictures will help, as I looked pretty exhaustively for the shape of the crown and couldn't find it.Given the quality, size, and condition, I'd value this in the $300 range.Sincerely,Jennifer maslowski
I see you have not yet rated/accepted my answer. How can I help you further?http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hlJennifer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks for trying