Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

We have a Dutch still life painting of an older man sitting

Customer Question

We have a Dutch still life painting of an older man sitting in front of books. The named signed is Vrint. We are looking to gain info on painting and discover value.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here are pics
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hi, What is the approximate size of this painting? ~Nora
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nora..the painting is 44 inches tall by 37 inches wide..then there is a large heavy frame around it. All appears original
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the additional information here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We also have this Freyberger sketch (etching) that we are interested in further info
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I would agree with the posters on the links you provided, that the artist is likely the G. Vrint who lived from 1870 - 1954. From the style and framing, this appears more to be early 20th century than late 19th century. The subject is compelling and well-executed. Although there is scant information available on the artist, based on comparables, your painting could carry a conservative auction estimate of $1000 - $2000, with a possibility of exceeding the high estimate. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $4000. I will be happy to help you with more items, however I only assess one item or matched set per question on here. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora