Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have some china that my Mother left me and some crystal glass

Customer Question

I have some china that my Mother left me and some crystal glass ware that has been in my family for years. I know very little about them and what they are worth. I do have pictures of some of them. But the lighting was not very good so the details are not very clear on the pictures.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. I do one item/group per question, but I will do the china and the crystal for you in one question.Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the pattern and mark on the back of one piece of the china, assuming they are all the same.Do the same with the crystal. Hold it up to the light and see if there is a mark on the bottom. Crystal is usually etched, so you have to be in good light to see an etched mark if it is there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not have them here with me now . They are at a friends home because of my pets.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
each piece is different as well . My Mother collected many different pieces.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what would the mark look like?
Most china has something on the bottom called a backstamp that is a logo, words and/or numbers that help identify the maker and age.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok on one piece it says 44 in red than the stamp is green and says Germany * BRUNSWICK* than there is what looks like a heart in the middle the left of that a c and then maybe two lines? under that an small capital L the number7 to the right of the heart what looks kind of like a B and than the number 3 with two lines coming off the bottom .
I have to see a photo of it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its on my phone and I can not get it to download!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you for trying to help . good bye
You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.