Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Well my father brought home a tea set from his war years.

Customer Question

Hi, Well my father brought home a tea set from his war years. I have a teapot with lid, a sugar and milk bowl and 3 x cups and saucers all in perfect condition...there is a fourth teacup but that is in bits I'm afraid although I also have the 4th saucer. I was really wondering if this set is valuable or not and if anyone would be interested in buying it. Its been in my attic for over 50 years!. on the bottom of each piece it just says made in china in a small red circle. I hope you can help me thank you
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Do not think so.....but the pattern on this set is in mostly a brown type paint. with delicate markings on and paintings of a man and a girl. The porcelain....if that is what it is is very thin and delicate
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Chinese tea set.Could you very kindly attach a photo of the set and the pattern and the mark on the bottom and I'll tell you all about it and give you a value.Many thanks.Robert PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.If you get stuck go here for help.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0Or, just collar a passing teenager with an iPhone and they'll have the photos attached in about two minutes!