rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Have an old pair of candelabra with a sticker "Genuine

Customer Question

Have an old pair of candelabra with a sticker "Genuine Benedict Plate, lacquered."
They are about 6 in. tall, with three holders for the candles; two are attached to the center with these branching swirls. The base and each candle holder are square with some raised floral design decorating the edges.
They certainly are worn-looking and old. Before I toss them, I'm wondering if there's a market for these?
I've only kept them for years because my mother-in-law gave them to me -- she had them from someone else in the family.
I apologize for not including a photo, but if you have any information about the manufacturer -- I've seen the pictures of the old factory and the limited info about it.
Just curious, and many thanks for any information you might share with me.
My thanks, janet
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Benedict Manufacturing Co. of East Syracuse, NY was in business from 1894-1953.Founded by Mainor Stuart Benedict as the M.S. Benedict Mfg. Co. and was incorporated in1902 as the Benedict Mfg. Co. then reorganized in 1906 as the T.N. Benedict Mfg. Co.Your set of three-light candelabra in silver plate have a current value of $30 to $50.00 as decorative antiques.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.