Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Wedgwood Bone china Stamped 'Made in England'(parents bought

Customer Question

Wedgwood Bone china
Stamped 'Made in England'(parents bought it in about 1955 when in England)
W 3257
B
Full set of 12 and tea cups/saucers
Can you give me an estimate range?
Libby ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me how many pieces and what they are including any serving pieces?Thanks,Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
12 dinner plate and 12 tea cups with saucers; 12 salad plates; 12 soup bowls; a creamer and a sugar bowl with lid; one teapot; a gravy boat and underplate; one platter ...I think 13 inch.
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,The name of the pattern is Appledore. This set would sell for $500-700 at auction and insurance value is $1000.Thank you,Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service, click on the stars. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.Thanks again,Wayne
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm surprised. It would cost almost $2,000 to replace these from Replacements.com! It that usual?
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Yes replacements is retail. If you look on sites like eBay there is a lot of this pattern available at about half of replacements. I just try to be as accurate as possible and base my appraisals on actual sales.Thanks,Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.