rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Viking Barrister bookcase with 3 glass sections plus a bottom drawer section. It

Customer Question

I have a Viking Barrister bookcase with 3 glass sections plus a bottom drawer section. It is oak and is over 100 years old and in perfect condition. Inside on the back of each self is a Viking label tht says PAT.Nov.13.06, Pat Dec. 4.06 and PAT Aug.4.08.
I would like to know its value please.
Thanks, ***** ***** ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
This is a Viking model barrister stacking bookcase made from 1908 to 1930 made by Skandia Furniture of Rockford, Illinois.This would be called a three stack. The value of this bookcase is $450.00 to $550.00.if the glass and sliders are all still in good condition. It important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Hello,I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.Please do let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think this is a rip-off for $30 plus . I was able to find this info on the Internet--for free. I am very disappointed in your service and the fact I had to pay for your "service." The public needs to know about this scam.
C. Weber
I am not sure what more information you were expecting to get. Let me know how I could have served you better.