LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a grouping of hand made indian war weapons in a hand

Customer Question

I have a grouping of hand made indian war weapons
in a hand made box 10 x13 .
The inscription reads
Indian Weapons
Presented to husband
used by
Little Crow's
Band of Indians
during the masacree
Aug 1862
Found by C.F. Scott
Sleepy Eyes, Minn
I have had two antique appraisers tell me
they are authentic and are worth thousands.
How do I go about selling them?
I would appreciate like your valuable input.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. When I am in the office this evening I can post two auction houses that would be best to handle the sell of these. Can you post a photo of the collection I may review? I look forward to helping you on this.
Hello thank you for your patience. I understadn you wish to know how to sell the collection. You have all the information I see on the collection and the best way to sell would be through an auction house to agin the largest audience and collectors of fine Native items. I would suggest to contact the following auction Houses I have noted below for you. The first one I have dealt with before the second is reputable however I have not dealt with them.These are Native American Auctions that are reputable and highly regarded as good auction Houses: http://www.allardauctions.com/I have always had very good auctions and response with Steve Allard on all things Native American.By Mail: PO Box 1030, St. Ignatius, MT 59865By Phone: (###) ###-####or toll free(###) ###-####y Fax: (###) ###-####y Email: ***@******.*** StaffSteve AllardOwner/*****@******.***e JohnsonAuction Administrator/*****@******.***a RichterInventory***@******.*** +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ http://www.fineart.ha.com/ethnographic-art/?ic=Task-ethnographic-121913The link above is to Heritage Auctions and they are reputable also in Native American Auctions.If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.