Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have what I have been told by an artist friend

Customer Question

I have what I have been told by an artist friend of mine a lithograph by Vincent de Paredes. It is signed V. de Paredes in the lower right hand corner. On the back it appears that when it was framed (or reframed in the 1930's) that the the title of the painting was cut out and placed on the back of the frame. The frame reads "Return of Lafayette" and Suisse Switzerland these are written with a quill pen. I have searched all over the internet and can't find this exact lithograph. Thanks in advance for your help.
Mary B.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am downloading photos of the piece now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, Was just wondering if someone were still working on this. Been having internet issues all day. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. If you wish me to release your question to other professionals, I will.Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.I am very sorry.Let me know if you wish for me to "opt out."Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh no, I am happy to work with you. No one had responded to my inquiry when I posted it the other day and being my first time using this site I started to question if it was a legitimate site. Especially since they had my credit card information. Look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely, ***** *****
I may not find the exact lithograph either but this is the method of valuation that appraisers use: When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at completed sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value. Will the valuation using this method be enough for you? If so, I need the size of your lithograph not including the mat or the frame. Do not remove from the frame. Let me know. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am away from my home right now but can later. It is quite large. Will get back to you in a few hours. Thank you.
That will be fine. Kind regards,Doris