Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

While clearing out my parents house I found a bible dated

Customer Question

While clearing out my parents house I found a bible dated 1683.It is the complete New Testament. Before the book of Revelation there is a page which appears to be a complex timeline with the heading ' A Scheme of the Order and concurrence of the Prophecies of the Revelation wherein the substance of the whole may be seen in one view'.
The next page starts with 'A preface to the Revelation' followed by the book of Revelation.
After the end of Revelation there starts a whole, long, new section titled 'The HARMONY of the GOSPELS'.
The bible has an original, intact ( tho' very old ) leather cover. I do not know who wrote it.
The outer edges of the pages are dark sepia coloured with age: but the pages tho' 'yellowy' are completely legible.They substitute the letter S with an F ( per old times.).
The Height = 91/2 inches by Width =71/2 inches and 21/4 thick.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the bible, condition, title page, etc.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why am I being asked for 5 US dollars as opposed to UK pounds . Am I somehow or other on an American site?
Justanswer is an international site. I just answer the questions as an expert and have no connections to your account nor do I know what you pay.