Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have an old stamp collection from my husbands grandfather's

Customer Question

We have an old stamp collection from my husbands grandfather's who traveled the world as an Ariel photographer in the 20's and 30's along with foreign currency and coins. He was also hired by NASA at some point and we have several large photographs from that project. He was acquainted with the Mayo brothers somehow and we have 2 signed photographs with personal notes handwritten under the photos. These were framed nicely by his daughter most likely. His name was John ***** *****.
Thank you,
Angie Richards
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Do you have a list or approximate number of items in this collection? ~Nora
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. I have a list of the separate portions that make up the whole collection, but not an itemized list. I have no idea how to go about doing something like that. The stamp collection alone is a 1940s Modern Day Stamp Collection with red cloth hardbacks and the majority of countries have several stamps to nearly full pages. There are also many loose stamps just placed between the pages they would have been affixed to. The currency...is paper and coin . Probably a cigar box full.
There are years of letters written to my mother-in-law, his daughter from places all over the world with beautiful stamps for the postage amount. The photographs taken for NASA are impressive, but I have no expertise.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My daughter has been sick...so I may not respond quickly.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Sorry to read of a family member is ill, hope she is feeling better. You can send over information at any time. ~Nora