rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a pre 1972, red painted secretary cabinet made by the

Customer Question

I have a pre 1972, red painted secretary cabinet made by the original Jasper Cabinet CO. It has drumbs painted in white on inside of cabinet doors, which opens up to several small drawers. It was purchased at a Chicago trade show in early 1970's. Was told it is believed to represent the bicentennial. It has a fold down desk.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of it and of any labels or writing on the back.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you receive photos?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure I'm doing this right?
I did. I will answer in a bit, my internet is being worked on and will be down for a while longer. I am on my phone now and i need my desktop to answer and do research. I apologize for the delay!
Thank you so much for waiting. I am up and running again!This is a vintage Chippendale style Jasper Cabinet Co. secretary desk with hutch in red with painted trim by the Jasper Cabinet Company in Jasper, IN. Model number 875. Jasper had been in business since 1904 and closed in 2002. This hutch dates to 1976, the year of the bicentennial. If it was a trade show, it could have been an early release model if you think you bought it before then. This hutch has a current value of $800 to $900.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.