Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I just bought two porcelain lamps. Brass base with floral shoes

Customer Question

I just bought two porcelain lamps. Brass base with floral shoes - toes turned up. Where would I start to research them?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've tried to send you pics several times but the app locks up. Any suggestion?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hi~ There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I received your images. The shoes are a little older than when the lamps were made. The porcelain shoes here date to around 1900 and then they were used to embellish a lamp from circa 1940s. The shoe is referred to as "Dresden Style Porcelain". Dresden is a place in Germany and a style that denotes bright spring pastel colors, 18th century fashions, flowers and courtesans all depicting allegories of love. On today's market, each lamp can sell for an average high of $75 each or up to $200 - $225 for the pair. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora