Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

A figurine with a woman and man . it looks like marie antoinette

Customer Question

a figurine with a woman and man . it looks like marie antoinette and a friend he is playing the piano. Pretty was given to me by an old family frien when she moved... i have it 28 years she had it forever..
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The mark under the oval base says Andrea with a large red S above and below the Andrea printed in green.. Also N Y is printed to the left and right of the stamp
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.
HelloCan you send a picture of this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how can i send to you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You have an email or cell?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello ???
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I paid!!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If no response i will contact my cc card to stop payment!
HelloI am here
We are required to take care of customers in the order they respond to us, I had to take care of the other customers that responded to me before you did.
Are you signed up with Just Answer from your phone's email address.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am , I have received no info and yet my CC has been billed $5.00 and $33.00
Really. I will be calling to stop any payments due to fraud .....
Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But every emailing you send asks if I paid and still you have not responded with any info
Seems like a scam. They charge you $40.00 for what !
And first I'm hearing of a 24 hour turnaround.... The power of plastic I will report this as a fraudulent site .. And recover my hard earned $$$$$
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hello, You have a vintage Andrea by Sadek figurine that was made on commission for the American import market. The majority of wares were decorative and made in Japan, though some were produced elsewhere such as Germany or Czechoslovakia. They were founded in 1936 by Charles Sadek in New Rochelle, NY and they are still in business today. Here is a link for you to a brief history of Andrea for Sadek: On today's market, your figural, which is based on a Dresden style courtesan couple using music to represent the allegory of love, will likely sell for an average of $15 - $40. If it is large or from the early period of the company it can sell for up to $100. I will be happy to help you narrow that down by seeing images. There is not an additional charge to add and share more images here. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. Please take a moment to leave a rating for my personal services to you here by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora