Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an old metal duck decoy. Was wondering what it is worth.

Customer Question

I have an old metal duck decoy. Was wondering what it is worth. I would like to find it a home where it will be appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, What is the size and at your convenience send an image of the underside please. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
16.5 inches from beak to tail. 7.5 inches from ground to top of head. Other thank a few small scratches it is in excellent condition. It never appears to have been used. There is no rust etc.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, This primitive style hand decorated vintage metal duck decoy has been attributed to the Douglas in Nebraska. On today's market, expect $45 - $100 for yours. Here are links to comparables, this one being offered for $48:https://www.etsy.com/listing/261059082/vintage-metal-duck-decoy And the one attributed to Douglas:http://www.antiquemystique.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x800/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/0/20472_jpg_1.jpg Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora