Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a family painting not signed that I think is 16th possibly

Customer Question

I have a family painting not signed that I think is 16th possibly early 17th century. it was acquired in Scotland during the second world war. I can send a photo but I am curious about it and would like to find out more.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hi, What is the size and please send a photo of the backside at your convenience. Do Not remove from frame. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
14 1/2"X 18". I peeled back the paper a bit so you can see the back of the frame. here are 2 photos one with some detail
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the dimensions. There are no other photos showing attached here though. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I resent the photos did you get them?
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hi, No there are still no additional images showing here on this end. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Per your request, I sent the premium services offer for a phone call. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont want a call this is now seeming like a scam I will report this to Pay Pal I dont understand why you need to see the back of the painting if you are an expert please tell me what you see. I have followed the directions exactly to add files you got the first picture cant understand why you didnt get the second ones I sent.? I just added a file and I can see it I dont get why you cant?
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hello, It really is quite necessary to see the backside of a painting as there are just as many clues on the back, in terms of construction and patina, that help to date the work. ~Nora