Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a large glass vase signed by what looks like Franz Guess

Customer Question

I have a large glass vase signed by what looks like Franz Guess or maybe Guez. or maybe Quesz. I can't make out the lettering. I think it came over with my Great Grandmother from Germany in the late 1800 or early 1900. It is clear with very large what looks to be a lily flower with long leaves. Frosted in the design of the flower. what can you tell me, if anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature to add a picture of the vase as it sits on a table (eye level is best with plain background) and a picture of the mark that you described. If you are unable to photograph the mark well, you can draw it on paper then photograph that.
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Will you be able to send pictures?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes. But not til June as I am out of town.the credit card was delayed due to what they thought may be suspicious activity. I know the vase is at least 100 years old.
This question will 'time-out' by then because they close automaticall after a few days of no activity.You could start a new question when you do get home and ask forCustomerto get me again.Thank you for letting me know.