rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have 2 oil paintings by Baron Von Nagy. Both landscape both

Customer Question

I have 2 oil paintings by Baron Von Nagy. Both landscape both of Moorea, French Polynesia, one a girl watching a man in canoe in Cooks Bay, the other a woman walking down a dirt road in Pao Pao. I know these area's because I use to live there. The only thing I know about the painting is the president of French Polynesia wanted to buy them in the 70's. sizes 24" by 18" at the time they were in my house Tahiti didn't have electricity and lizards had a tendency to excrete on them so I had them professionally framed with matt and glass. would like to find their value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Baron Von Nagy was a 20th century Hungarian artist and his paintings do come up at auction now and then. These two pieces you have would have a value of $1500to $1700 each based on recent sales of his work. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.