rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My mum has an oil painting by James wynnes I think it is an

Customer Question

My mum has an oil painting by James wynnes I think it is an original with his signature is it worth anything if it is his actual work
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi thanks do u need me to take the back off
This is not an original, but a print/lithograph by the Australian landscape artist James Wynne.The crisp edges showing a white border around the piece is what tells me this is a print. The photo is blurry, so if I am wrong and this is a part of the frame or if the piece is on canvas, let me know. There was no photo of the back either, but don't take it apart to show it.He does oil on canvas or board and there is never glass over oil paintings, another indication of a print on paper (which would need glass).As a print, this piece is worth $40USD.If it is an original, it would have a value of $300 to $400USD based on recent sales of his work.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.