Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a table made in Denmark and some chairs that were made

Customer Question

I have a table made in Denmark and some chairs that were made in Sweden. I believe the table is a teak table by looking at examples. The leaf to the table is actually the table top. You pull the table apart the drop the leaf in. The only markings I can find is D10000128 on the first line. AM28 on the second line the Made in Denmark on the third line. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not computer savvy. I don't know how to upload images on my computer. I can just send text massages. I have someone that can if you have an email address.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~ There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try and figure it out. Give me a few minutes please.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
No rush, there is not a time limit here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have it about figured out. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Certainly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you get the 1st one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm gonna try a 2nd one.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes, thank you. AM was part of the Gangso Mobler (Furniture) Company in Denmark, circa 1960's. Currently, on today's market, this can sell for a high average of $300 - $500. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that include the chairs or just the table?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Just the table. In general, I only assess one item or matched set per question here. The zip drive of images attached here were just of the table as well. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I received the image of the mark on the chairs, thank you. They are Svergards Markaryd chairs from Sweden. Depending on the shape and form of the chairs (none were pictured) they sell for $100 - $400 each. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora