AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

My Mother has a shadow box picture with a what looks like a

Customer Question

My Mother has a shadow box picture with a what looks like a bronze crucifix in it and few other items. On the plaque in it, "The Kingdom Come 100 Days Indulgence Each Time (Pius IX) 14th June 1877
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help. Could you provide a close-up of the plaque and the other important items?THanks.Jennifer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is difficult to read the plaque...we had to shine a light on it and use a flash light. My mother's friend found it in an attic when she was cleaning up a friends house. The friend told her to keep it. My mother admired it and when her friend was down sizing she gave it to her. This friend is deceased now. My mother has had it for about 25 years.
Thank you. This is a Victorian Catholic indulgence collage, issued to commemorate the Jubilee, or 50th anniversary of the ordination of Pope Pius IX ordination as a biship.Many of these were issued, although with variations--different frames, different decorations (flowers or leaves) inside the frame borders, etc. The print and the passion objects were the same in each.The resale, at auction or by classified, would be in the range of $175-$225. A retail value through an antiques dealer would be in the range of $375-$425.Please let me know if I can help further.Sincerely,Jennifer
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 months ago.
I see you have not yet rated/accepted my answer. How can I help you further?http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hlJennifer